Benefits of counselling
- Increased self-awareness
- Insights into your patterns to empower you to bring change
- Improvement in relationship whether this be self, marriage, business colleagues, family or friends
- New opportunities created / embraced
- Changed outlook / life-perspective
- Freedom from depression, stress and unhealthy anxiety
- Improved self-esteem, confidence and self-expression
- Movement from passive or aggressive communication to assertiveness
- Ability to deal with emotions; particularly challenging ones, i.e. anger or bereavement
- Healthier ways of relating / living for you
- Learning about addictions and being free to make more informed choices
- Healing from abuse and trauma
Reasons for counselling
- Feeling stuck, unfulfilled or that life is going no-where
- Relationship or family concerns
- Increase in unpleasant feelings such as anger, frustration, confusion or sadness
- Not feeling listened to or understood
- Embracing a part of life you are currently struggling with
- Making sense of childhood experiences such as neglect, trauma, not having needs met or shaming
- Helping process feelings of abandonment, rejection or helplessness
- Increasing self-awareness / self-confidence / self-esteem
- Exploring choices you have made or are about to make
- Talking through a life-changing event, e.g. bereavement, abuse, rape, redundancy, divorce, etc.
- Increase in use of alcohol, drugs, food, sex, internet, social media etc.
- Awareness of mental health decline
- To gain a different perspective on life
- Exploring isolation / loneliness
- Wanting to feel happier
- Talking in a confidential space away from your everyday life
- ....or it may be none of the above as you have your own reason for seeking counselling.
Who I work with
I work with men and women on an individual basis and couples
Young people aged 12+
I have experience in a wide range of issues including:
- Relationship issues, i.e. communication, co-dependency, coercive control or conflict
- Alcohol dependency / addiction
- Eating disorders
- Bereavement, grief and loss which include separation, divorce, childhood or affairs
- Mental health issues including anxiety, social anxiety, fear, depression and low mood
- Work issues including assertiveness, stress, feeling dissatisfied and anger
- Exploring job or career change
- Family issues with parents, siblings, clash of personalities, 'steps' or estrangement
- Life events and transitions such as leaving home, 'mid-life crisis', retirement or moving house
- Loss / change of purpose
- Low self-esteem
- Low self-confidence
- Abuse whether this be sexual, emotional, physical or verbal
- Traumatic experiences and feelings of shame, helplessness, loss, rage, anger etc. arising from
- Anger management although I prefer the term 'anger awareness'
- Terminal illness diagnosis working with patients and carers
- Death anxiety where you may feel like the clock is ticking, have thoughts of death or fear dying
I offer counselling in Farnham in Surrey and Odiham in Hampshire.
I work from my home office in Ash Vale.
This is is easy reach from Ash, Aldershot, North Camp, Farnham, Guildford, Farnborough, Frimley and Camberley.
I work from The Annexe Counselling Rooms at Odiham Cottage Hospital, Buryfields, Odiham, Hook Hampshire, RG29 1NE. This location is easily reached by road (just off the M3 at junction 5).
If you are unable to attend either of the above locations, individual counselling can be arranged via Skype or Zoom.
Please contact me for further details.